Friday, April 8, 2011

Most Memorable Show Intros

Intros are an important part of a show when you are a kid. They draw you into the show and allow you to focus on it. If the show has a bad intro/song, my chances of watching it were slim. Luckily, there were a lot of great intros to shows in the 90's and I decided for nostalgia's sake to show you some of my favorites. This is not a list of the best, just random intros that I remember to this day.

"Whatever happened to predictability? The milk man, the paperboy, evening T.V."

Those opening lines will most likely forever be ingrained into my mind. Awesome song, and awesome intro. Does a great job of introducing the characters one by one.

I remember singing this song as a little kid. It was very easy to learn and fun to go along with, so that is why it's memorable to me.

Nearly everything about Pete and Pete was bad ass, and in intro was no exception. That song was soooo 90's, but it's perfect.

This song was probably the hardest to get out of my head as a little kid. Was so catchy/annoying, that I would always think of it. I even have problems listening to it nowadays without the same thing happening.

I was unable to find an actual video for Salute Your Shorts, but I found the song, which was my favorite part as a kid. I thought it was hilarious how they switched the words of the song around to say fart and such.

Probably the best intro to any show ever, at least the most well-known. Awesome song by the Fresh Prince and is something that probably all of us know all the words to.

Just a sick song and video. I still drive through the streets of SoCal (OC) blasting this song with the windows rolled down creeping slow. It's pretty hardcore, for a white kid originally from Idaho at least.

So, what did I miss? Do you guys have any favorites not mentioned? Tell me in the comments!

51 comments:

  1. Aaaaaaal thaaaaat, this is allllll that, this is allll thaaaat!

    oh my god, took me back so good... i miss the big ear of corn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Animaniacs and All that/ Kenan and Kel were fun shows back in the day and ofcourse the Fresh Prince

    I used to watch Doug alot too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fresh Prince was my fav show!

    oh man... I used to sing the theme song for all of these shows.. I miss it lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANIMANIACS OMG

    hahaha i totally forgot about that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I did not watch any of the shows mentioned, but watching the intros I feel like I know them. The 90s' energy. Btw Pete n' Pete's intro seems (to me) much better than any other presented, but I'm not sure why...

    ReplyDelete
  6. ANIMANIACS. OMG. YES. FFUUUUUUUU.

    also fresh prince.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I recognize all of them, nostalgia hard! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doug. DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH DUH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pete and Pete was the bees knees man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. prince of bel-air is the best! so chill and funny xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to see Fresh Prince made the list

    ReplyDelete
  12. Animaniacs is great, as was Fresh Prince.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god "All That". So much Nostalgia. So little time! I MISS that show so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fair few there. Thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! Love it! keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Full House is definitely the most memorable for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wonder what happened to Kel whenever I see Kenan on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The fresh prince, forever awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohhh god the nostalgia. I remember seeing so many of these as a kid, why must they be so damn catchy! Oh! How could you possible forget Gilligan's Island?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Babylon 5 intro always used to set my mood to epic

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHERES MA ORANGE SODA?

    For comic reviews and discussions
    http://marvelcomicuniverse.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I miss Animaniacs. I watched them when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fresh prince of bell air really is a classic :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah man! So many memories right here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. fresh prince obligatory submission

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahahaa this made me sooo soo nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  27. HAhaha animaniacs, i love them <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. nostalgy, i dont like it hehe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  29. FULL HOUSE = BEST SHOW EVER. I watched that show non-stop when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Old school stuff right here. Haven't watched some of these shows in quite some time

    ReplyDelete
  31. Dude how could you forget Spongebob

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would rush home to watch Fresh Prince

    ReplyDelete
  33. Fresh Prince ♥
    Such an awesome show.

    Smart House was pretty cool back when I watched it as a kid :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thats some of the good old shows i remember

    ReplyDelete